Looking For Water Softeners In Maidstone? Being based in Maidstone we know the frustrations of living in a naturally hard water area all too well – from limescale build up in the bottom of your kettle to clogged shower heads.
Unfortunately the majority of towns and villages in the surrounding areas of Maidstone suffer from hard or very hard water. This means that the water has a mineral content of over 200 parts per million per litre. This hard water forms when water passes through permeable rock (such as chalk and limestone) picking up minerals like Calcium and Magnesium, which increases its mineral content.
What Is The Water Hardness In Maidstone?
Maidstone is classified as a “very hard water” area with an average water hardness reading of 300 parts per million or more. Homes within hard or very hard water areas accumulate limescale at an alarming rate, as much as 70kg per year. This amount of limescale is enough to cause significant damage to pipework and water-using appliances such as your dishwasher. One of the most effective solutions to combat this is by softening your water. Softening your water is an effective solution to tackle hard water at the source, by removing the hardness from your incoming water and over time breaking down existing limescale build up within pipework and in appliances.
The local water board in Maidstone is South East Water who offer a water hardness checker on their website. This can be used to get an approximate reading for your property.
How Does A Water Softener Help?
One of the most popular ways to soften the water that feeds your home is by installing a Water Softener. This allows you to effectively treat hard water before it passes through your home appliances and boiler. But that’s not all, there are a number of other benefits to softening your water. Let’s explore a few of these below.
- Reduced Costs – For most domestic applications, excess limescale build-up is caused by mineral deposits from hard water. This scale collects on heating elements, your boiler and within other household appliances which reduces their efficiency. This reduced efficiency means you spend more money on both gas and electricity bills to run these appliances. Read more…
- Prevents Limescale – Installing a Water Softener not only prevents future limescale build up in pipework and heating elements, but it also clears out pre-existing build up. This means that over time your home becomes more efficient and years of limescale are completely removed which reduces its long term impact. Read more…
- Softer Water – Softened water has a number of additional benefits, aside from the prevention of limescale. Think cleaning, where left-over mineral deposits will no longer appear. Additionally, skin and hair are left feeling considerably softer after the use of soft water. Thanks to the reduced mineral content. Read more…
Considering A Water Softener In Maidstone?
If you’re from Maidstone and considering a Water Softener then why not check out our range of guides listed below. These cover everything from things you should consider, to the different options that are available. Some initial things to think about include how many people live in your home, the number of bathrooms and where the mains water supply feeds into your home (usually underneath the sink).
If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team, who will be happy to provide guidance.
- Considering A Water Softener For Your Home?
- What Are The Benefits Of A Water Softener?
- What Options Are Available?
Do You Install Water Softeners In Maidstone?
We are pleased to assist with Water Softener installation in Maidstone and the surrounding areas across all of our Domestic Water Softener models. Whilst we don’t offer installation ourselves, we’ll point you in the right direction towards a reputable plumber. Installation is often straightforward, but we would generally recommend entrusting a professional unless you have prior experience with plumbing.
To speak to someone about booking an installation please get in touch with a member of our team by visiting our Water Softener Installation page, or by filling out the enquiry form below.